Building for Food
Celebrating the Second Anniversary of Our Scott Avenue Pantry/Food Warehouse.
Through the generous contributions of more than 450 donors,
FISH opened its West Scott Avenue location in November 2007.
This new facility consists of about 8,800 square feet of specially designed
space that includes an off-loading dock and large cooler and freezer storage.
This pantry provides 3 major benefits to our mission:
- People living west of Broadway who need food assistance will once again have a food pantry accessible to them.
- Other FISH Hospitality Pantries in Knoxville share in large donations that we are able to receive at the new facility which will has an off-loading dock, a large cooler and freezer storage.
- Finally, this new pantry building serves as an inspiring model to other cities and communities, establishing a new standard for direct service facilities, as we demostrate the benefits of being capable of receiving more food to serve more people.
Expanding Our Scott Ave. Facility
To take advantage of the increasing amount of
donated frozen foods available
to us, in 2010 we hope to add a 1200-square-foot freezer to the west
end of our Scott Ave. pantry/food warehouse building.